Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stop being a blog hog

Well, I can't have David hogging this whole blog (even if he is saying really nice things about me).  I have been debating on what to post about for a couple days. Making the first post is always the hardest part.  So, I'm going to talk about a few things that have been on my mind lately.

The biggest thing on my mind lately has been starting up our shop. I've been learning a lot from David.  He has been passing along a lot of what he has been learning everyday through his school projects and from his classmates.  I like to think of this type of education as Grad School Light, all the fun stuff and none of the responsibility. This is normally how I roll anyhow so this type of learning works out well for me. I've been learning about linoblock carving/printing and turning some of my cursive writing into awesome stamps. David has also treated me to a letterpress demo in the typography studio. I've been able to come up with ideas and force David to make them for me (because I have limited artistic talents at this point).

Second, I can't stop thinking about our summer vacation! I know, I know, that is a whole 6 months away!  But really these daydreams are the only things that get me through my day most of the time. We're planning on taking a nice long roadtrip out west. What I'm secretly planning in my head are stops at all the best national parks, roadside attractions, and thrift/vintage stores. So, there have been a lot of Google searches and hanging out on travel sites to find the best deals. Any suggestions for places to visit out west (Arizona, California, New Mexico, Oregon, etc.) will be happily accepted.

Another thing I've been contemplating is getting a hair cut, which is mundane and boring so I won't torture you with my thoughts on that.  I might post a picture of my new look if I don't absolutely hate it.

And I was talking to David yesterday about making a list of goals for 2012. (I was inspired by these lists that people are making on the internets these days) But I thought it would be funny for us each to make a list of 2,012 goals to complete in 2012.  Then, we did the math and realized that we would have to complete about 6 goals a day in order to succeed. Which is really ridiculously funny. We'll see if we come up with a giant list for the year. (Don't hold your breath.)

No comments:

Post a Comment