Tuesday, March 13, 2012
This is one of our classic favorite songs from the early days of our relationship. Forever if Blue Jeans is a solid mid tempo rocker which makes it perfect for all ages to boogie down. There are also a lot of awful covers of it on youtube. So, you know, if you're lookin' to waste some time...
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
You could argue that this isn't Kurtis Blow's best song (but you'd be wrong). This is the song that sold me on his music. David sang Takin' Care of Business at a karaoke night in this style a few years ago and it was a real hit. I'd recommend singing it in this fashion to anyone trying to look cool and impress the ladies.
Monday, March 5, 2012
I'm sure you've all had instances when you feel like your creativity has taken a hike. Sometimes my creativity sneaks off in the darkness of night and makes me feel like I am the least crafty person in the world. When I feel like I'll never have another good idea (and the world as I know it is coming to an end), these are the things I do for creative motivation. I hope they can help you as much as they help me!
- Eat as much junk food as possible. I'm talkin' anything and everything you can get your hands on. Stale cookies? Perfect. Chocolate chips straight from the bag? Yes. Candies that you don't really like? Absolutely.
- Sing songs very loudly and with the wrong lyrics. I prefer to do this when someone that is a real lyric stickler is in the room. Sing your heart out! Serenade that special someone.
- Whatever you do, don't look up your successful classmates on any social media platform. Stay as far away from Facebook as possible.
- Go to your spouse, friend, mom, or whoever is near you at the time. Whine and complain until they cave and start saying things that boost your ego.
- If all else fails, curl up in the fetal position on the couch and watch television until your mind goes numb. Put off all your creative projects until tomorrow.
Friday, March 2, 2012
Even the dogs found some good stuff this week! They have been so happy since they found this old, ratty frisbee in the yard. (We think it was thrown over by one of our neighbors, thanks neighbors.) All they want lately is to is be outside fighting over it.
Here's the good stuff we found:
-Ever wonder what the insides of a flower look like?
-We wish we could find something this cool in our attic!
-The awesome Megan Mulally.
-Hard to beat Kodachrome.
-Which brings to mind that we need to see this sometime.
-In case you need something to help with your Downton Abbey withdrawl.